nafex - Re: [NAFEX] American plum used for Prunes

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] American plum used for Prunes
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:55:02 -0400

Hello,

Have you looked through the genebank inventories? They have a great deal of older material.

Tom

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:28:31 -0400, K Q <kumquat@operamail.com> wrote:

In reading of old plum varieties, I once read that there was an American plum (with or without Japanese influence) variety that was used for making prunes. Usually it is only European plums and their decendents used for prunes.

Well, that American hybrid is probably gone. I have wondered what went into it, and how to get one like it.