nafex - [NAFEX] off topic: Yellow Birch Request

  • From: mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] off topic: Yellow Birch Request
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:10:44 -0400

I would also vouch for Ken Asmus and Oikos Tree Crops (I'd list him first, but I didn't think to look at his
site/catalog).  Ken offers good quality stuff at good prices.  Realize, however that Ken's stuff (in general)
is seedling stock with the variation that it implies.

ForestFarm is a good company, but I need to note two strikes against it.  First, its shipping (particularly to the
East Cost) is very high.  Unless unavailable in any other fashion I will only order tubes from them as otherwise,
price plus shipping starts to be killer.  Second, I have had a percentage of plants from them mislabeled.  I think
this is a natural mistake because of their huge product variety.  I would order from them again.

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6
40° 5' N 75° 51'W
~650 ft elevation