nafex - [NAFEX] another strawberry question

  • From: Jerrydana5@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] another strawberry question
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 09:20:43 EDT

Why would it not be possible to till under the remaining strawberry junebearer plants after they have produced, and plant new plants then--in mid to late June?  My patch is on its third year and is starting to run out.  I do have a new row of plants I planted for next year, but I would like to have more of this wonderful fruit.  So does anybody know if that is a possibility?  Could I not till these  3 year old plants under, and re-plant and have berries next year?  Jerry in southern Indiana