nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Another one "extinct"

  • From: bruce <rural@threeriverwb.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Another one "extinct"
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 18:17:52 -0500

If you are successful in propagating a offspring for a "almost extinct" tree, could you hold the patent rights to it, or how does that work?

I am trying to save an old apple tree along a highway by grafting buds onto bud9 stock, and I recently got a good "take" from one of the grafts. No idea what variety it is, but it's very old and not in good shape, but it was covered with blossoms a week ago and is self-pollinating.

bruce