nafex - [NAFEX] Soil test results made simple

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Soil test results made simple
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:34:04 -0500

What many folks do when they receive their soil test results is to take
it to another expert. They take it their fertilizer dealer to let him
figure out how much of which fertilizers they need.
When I receive my test results, I figure it out myself because my
fertilizer dealer would be annoyed with all of the figuring. That is
because my strawberries need a different mixture than my orchard trees which
need a different mixture than the blueberries, etc., etc., etc. When I
figure it all out and for how large each patch is, I blend each different
mixture in a cement mixer. Then comes the hard part; I have to figure out
what setting to adjust the fertilizer spreader at for each separate mixture.
More than likely, this process would be alot simpler for most of you.
You see, I raise an excess of nearly 3 dozen different fruits each with a
different size patch and I might get as many as 7 to 8 different recommended
mixes. It isn't as complicated as it may sound. I do this every year
because it pays to do so!
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm

  • [NAFEX] Soil test results made simple, Jim Fruth, 05/16/2006