nafex - [NAFEX] Why use Gypsum instead of Lime

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Why use Gypsum instead of Lime
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 09:30:47 -0500

Remember back when the only cranberries we saw in the store were fresh
berries at Thanksgiving and some processed in cans?
That was back when university soil testers were in control. Then a
young upstart came along who broke with tradition and recommended gypsum
instead of lime where pH was high. That single thing, more than any other,
heralded in the beginning of the explosion of cranberry products we see in
the supermarket today. He was/is the present owner of K Ag International
(soils lab) in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, Akhtar Kwaja. I hired him/them for my
research projects when I was a consultant in the Paper Industry. There are
few others in the world, in any industry, that I recommend as highly.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm

  • [NAFEX] Why use Gypsum instead of Lime, Jim Fruth, 05/05/2006