nafex - [NAFEX] Rooting Question

  • From: mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Rooting Question
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 10:24:17 -0400

I have two cuttings of apple that I intended to graft.  The cuttings have had other ideas.  They've started to push growth and they've callused.  I intend to pot them up and try to root them.

Would rooting hormone on already callused tissue be beneficial or harmful?

I have 1% NAA
1% IBA
8% IBA

All in powder form.

I haven't had good luck with NAA.  I was thinking of using 1% IBA on one cutting and 8% on the other.  Any experience, knowledge that would contradict this?

Thanks in Advance (TIA).  Replies welcome.

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6
40° 5' N 75° 51'W
~650 ft elevation

  • [NAFEX] Rooting Question, mauch1, 05/05/2006