nafex - [NAFEX] Speaking of Feeding Fruit Trees

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Speaking of Feeding Fruit Trees
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 19:49:37 -0500

What is the best fertilizer for apples, pears, peaches and apricots, in your opinion and/or experience. Organic fertilizer options are great, too.
And, when do you fertilize your trees? I'm new to orchard tending, but my 13 various trees are approaching their bearing years in their third year in the ground. Half of the trees are apples on Bud 9 dwarfing stock. The cherry is on Colt.
Doreen Howard