nafex - Re: [NAFEX] fish emulsions vs deer (deer fences)

  • From: Jerrydana5@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] fish emulsions vs deer (deer fences)
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 07:19:12 EDT

I have struggled with deer for years (used dogs, human hair, soap in apple trees, Milorganite, 8 foot mesh fences, etc) and found that finally an electric fence is the only thing that works, and it does work.  Bait it regularly with peanut butter right on the wire.  They take a lick, and you won't be bothered.  They won't jump it as they are too scared to get close.
I am concerned that some early morning I'll look out and see 3 deer in tennis shoes carrying a metal pole and walking up to my fence . . . . .  Jerry in southern Indiana

  • Re: [NAFEX] fish emulsions vs deer (deer fences), Jerrydana5, 04/29/2006