nafex - [NAFEX] saving grape cuttings

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] saving grape cuttings
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 18:49:49 -0500

I just discovered a bucket of cuttings which I had left out in a shed for the winter, but of course it has been warm here for maybe a month.  the sticks still have some green in them but the buds are either still dormant or they are desiccated....I guess I don't know how to tell the difference.  Any clues whether these are worth saving?

~mIEKAL

A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they will never sit
—Greek proverb