nafex - [NAFEX] Rubus phoenicolasius

  • From: Karen Kellogg <garuda2@comcast.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Rubus phoenicolasius
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:44:33 -0400

Rubus phoenicolasius, wineberry, has moved into my backyard, it's second year, and I am concerned whether I should allow it to remain, or not.

http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/fact/ruph1.htm

If I keep it under control in my yard, I'm sure birds will spread it elsewhere. If I try to eradicate it I will have to deal with it also in the patch of muck next to my property. I'm leaning toward the eradication, having seen what multiflora rose has done around here---which is NW Connecticut.

Anyone have any experience with this berry?

Thanks, Karen