nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ya Pears

  • From: "Jim Cooper" <JCooper@lewiston.k12.id.us>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ya Pears
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:54:03 -0700

If I have a few grafts that I put on last year, should I allow them to fruit
this year?

Of the 17 grafts all 17 took! for a beginner that was great!

I have 2-3 that are budding this year and yet I am not sure they are strong
enough this year to support the fruit? I would thin them to one fruit, but
the diameter growth from last year was small. So I think I need to support
them or not allow them to fruit yet.

What do you think?

Jim
N. Idaho
finally like spring

>>> lonrom@hevanet.com 4/20/2006 2:35 PM >>>
Estimate two to three years, though I've seen grafts from mature trees
bear in one year.
-Lon Rombough
http://www.bunchgrapes.com Winner of the Garden Writers Association
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.