nafex - [NAFEX] Info re: Goof, George's Red, Merton's Knave, Red Devil Apple

  • From: W3cmp@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Info re: Goof, George's Red, Merton's Knave, Red Devil Apple
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 01:00:51 EDT

Hello all:
     At a recent grafting seminar I saw scion wood for an apple named "Goof".  I was supposedly sold by Bear Creek when it was in operation. Can anyone provide any information about the apple? It is not listed in any of the reference books I have.
     I also obtained scion wood for three English redflesh apples-George's Red, Merton's Knave and Red Devil.  A google search came up with some pictures but not much else.  Does anyone have any information about these apples, eg., size, taste,  texture, ripening dates, etc.?  Thanks. Chris Patterson