nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blueberry groundcovers--moss or teaberry

  • From: Michael Dossett <phainopepla@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blueberry groundcovers--moss or teaberry
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:31:38 -0700 (PDT)

Gualtheria procumbens will work, but there are a
couple of important things to consider. Blueberries
like sun whereas Gualtheria procumbens *really* needs
shade. This is less of a problem if your blueberry
bushes are already large and mature. The other
consideration is that they will always be in
competition with the shallow-rooted Blueberries for
water and nutrients. This combination may be
workeable, but I would say certainly is not ideal.

Michael