nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Zestar shape

  • From: Terry Bradshaw <terryb@lostmeadowvt.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Zestar shape
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 03:14:24 -0400

My Zestars look just the same. I train the branches with clothespins in their first year, so the angle with the trunk is good, but the branches will want to bend upwards like a Macoun. one it fruits for awhile, they start to bend down but are still quite upright.

Terry B

Without its leaves, my Zestar Apple Tree looks more like a Lombardy Poplar than an apple tree. It's branches, what few it has, do not spread, rather stay tightly close to the central leader. It produces minimal fruit. Is this what your Zestar is like? Or did I buy something else with a wrong name?
-- Jim Fruth Brambleberry Farm Pequot Lakes, MN www.bberryfarm.com Jams, Jellies and Syrups

Terence Bradshaw
Calais, VT
terryb@lostmeadowvt.com

http://www.lostmeadowvt.com
http://lostmeadowvt.blogspot.com

1450 feet, zone 4A/B?

The views represented are mine and mine only........

  • Re: [NAFEX] Zestar shape, Terry Bradshaw, 04/05/2006