nafex - [NAFEX] Advice on drip irrigation

  • From: "Randall Burd" <burdrs@comcast.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Advice on drip irrigation
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 19:11:52 -0400

I am interested in setting up a drip irrigation system for my fruit
trees in New Jersey (zone 6). I have two 30 ft rows w. trees spaced
every 5 feet. I am a little lost about how to start. While I am sure
that water needs vary by time of year/region, any general guidelines on
setting things up, volume of water to use, etc. Would a simple soaker
hose be just as good for my small operation?

Thanks.