nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Early apples

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Early apples
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 19:07:16 +0000

And the other 2 were...?

----Original Message Follows----
From: "loneroc" <>
To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 05:37:05 -0600

Hi Ed,

I don't have Ginger Gold but I like Vista Bella for a very early apple. As with all early apple time of picking is crucial for texture, but if you get it just right it has a very crisp texture. It's not particularly scab resistant--it also has large (white) flowers and although it is an early bloomer it was one of three apples that bore a full crop for me last year when a series of hard late freezes wiped out just about everything else.

For a Krispi treat that comes a bit later in the season Centennial!

Steve H Lone Rock, WI