nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 38, Issue 35

  • From: Rondi <nafex@mokalive.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 38, Issue 35
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:44:30 -0600

Thank you Derry. I have Old Home and am hoping to graft some of pears I've found in the neighborhood that hold their own against fireblight.

Rondi

From: derry and bill <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca>
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Asian pear scionwood
To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>

We use Quince as a r/s for some pears and Asian pears are not compatible
with quince.

They are compatible with Bartlett and with Old Home which we use as an
interstem on quince.

Derry

http://derrysorchardandnursery.ca

<x-tad-bigger>"The right to life is the source of all rights--and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave."
-Ayn Rand</x-tad-bigger>