nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 38, Issue 18

  • From: Rondi <nafex@mokalive.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 38, Issue 18
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:33:04 -0600

I'm in SE Kansas and a friend of mine uses Red Havens peach seedlings for rootstock because they've grown well for him here. I've bought some Marianna rootstock and hope to see how they do over this summer. So far they've come through the winter well and look great.

I've bought rootstock from Treco (large quantities only and it was for apples) The peach and pear I got were from either One Green World or Raintree (one of the other sells rootstock). They are available as single plants. Treco only sells rootstock so their catalog had a lot more detail.

Also, although height is important to me I was more concerned about fireblight resistance, heat tolerance and heavy clay soil adaptability. First it had to survive.

Rondi