nafex - Re: [NAFEX] yellow Himalayan Raspberry

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch@sancharnet.in>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] yellow Himalayan Raspberry
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:42:37 +0530

What is the reason. Was this fruit tried in Hawai?

I am not familiar with Hawai. But the places where this Rubus grows have subtemperate climate and stone fruits like Santa Rosa plum, July Elberta Paech and low chilling apples like Tydeman's Early Worcester grow here. The summer temperatures range between 30 - 35 C and the winter temperatures do not go below -3 C. I do not think this climate matches that of Hawai. So I doubt if this Rubus has been tried in Hawaii which has a tropical climate.

Very truly yours,

Dr.Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant of Lesser Known Indian Fruits
www.lesserknownindianplants.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Karen Kellogg" <garuda2@comcast.net>