nafex - [NAFEX] Edward Bunyard / Favorite Apples

  • From: "Lamb Abbey Orchards" <lambabbey@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Edward Bunyard / Favorite Apples
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:34:09 -0500

I frequently read references to Edward Bunyard and his wonderfully outspoken and vitriolic opinions about good fruit. Occasionally I'll see a reference to an apple as being in Bunyard's "Top Dozen Dessert Apples," yet I'm not able to Google a definitive list of this top twelve. Anyone out there with a decent Bunyard library willing to share a complete list of Bunyard's favorite apples?

By the way, I just discovered that his famed "The Anatomy of Dessert" from the late 1920s is being reprinted by Random House this year, due to be released in May or June. Great news.

John

* * * * *

John A Gasbarre
Lamb Abbey Orchards