nafex - [NAFEX] Starks Rootstocks

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Starks Rootstocks
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:54:55 -0500

Guys;

If you go to Starkbroswholesale.com, and download their Availability list for commercial growers, they list all the rootstocks that they sell 'Gala' apple on, M7, M111, whatever the case, pears peach, etc....
That web site has all the phone numbers you need.
I bought 60 trees from them this year.

Their retail catalog doesn't specify rootstocks.
To find that out, I should call the wholesale folks (a good team) and ask them what each tree you want is rooted on in the retail catalog. They will tell you, I'm sure. Boy, the rootstock selection goes way up when you but from the wholesale list. I forget what the minimum order was, but it was reasonable. My average tree price was about $11 per tree.

Not a lot of choices in the heirloom / oddball cultivars; excellent for standard stuff.

Boyer Nurseries in PA also rocks.
Excellent list, all rootstocks described for each cultivar.

Murph

  • [NAFEX] Starks Rootstocks, Richard MURPHY, 03/15/2006