nafex - Re: [NAFEX] scion wood source

  • From: Heron Breen <breen@fedcoseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] scion wood source
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:46:28 -0600

I believe John Bunker of FEDCO Trees also offers Pitmaston Pineapple through
his
scionwood sales, but if I am not mistaken, he just sent off his yearly
shipment of
orders. One could contact him at FEDCO by calling the customer service line:
207-
873-7333 mon.-fri. 9 am to 5 pm. Maybe he's still got some and is willing?
Worth a
try.
Heron Breen
zone 4, Maine

On Sat Mar 11 20:41 , Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us> sent:

>Saint Lawrence Nurseries, http://www.sln.potsdam.ny.us/ , has
>Sandow. They don't sell scion wood, just trees, but you might be
>able to work something out. I'm pretty sure Fahey, of the Shristian
>Homesteading Movement, has Pitson Pineapple. He doesn't do internet
>stuff, but he frequently runs a "scions available" ad in Pomona, and
>his prices are very reasonable. Send him a SASE and find out what
>he's got.
>
>Ginda
>
>On Mar 10, 2006, at 10:46 AM, sjkeipert@highstream.net wrote:
>
>> I am looking for scion wood for the apple varieties Sandow and
>> Pitmaston
>> Pineapple. Could anyone on the list provide either of these? I can
>> pay for
>> shipping costs or provide a variety of other cold hardy fruit
>> scions. Thanks -
>> Steve Keipert (sjkeipert at highstream dot net)

>> This includes distribution on other email lists or reproduction on
>> web sites.
>> permission!
>>
>> **YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
>> No exceptions.
>> ----
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe, go to the bottom of this page (also
>> can be used to change other email options):

>> Please do not send binary files.
>> Use plain text ONLY in emails!

>No exceptions.
>----
>To subscribe or unsubscribe, go to the bottom of this page (also can be used
change other email options):