nafex - [NAFEX] Be Careful

  • From: Heron Breen <breen@fedcoseeds.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Be Careful
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:10:24 -0600

Hello All,
A good neighbor died two days ago while working in the woods. The accident was
sudden and gruesome. If any of us have as many friends as he when we pass, we
would be lucky. Newman made his living from the woods, was extremely
experienced,
and ran a business that custom cut tree "knees" for shipbuilding etc.
When I head out into the orchards and communities this spring to prune and
maintain, I am looking at every act as a cautious statement of intent. Please
be
careful pruning this spring and summer, particularly when ladders are
involved.
Footing one's ladder correctly and carefully is a short cut too many make,
assuming agility and imbued balance will counteract. One must give pause when
an
experienced woodsperson or arborist meets an end, and correct one's accrued
potentially painful behaviors.
Stay in one piece, and enjoy the out of doors,
Heron Breen
zone 4, Maine

  • [NAFEX] Be Careful, Heron Breen, 03/11/2006