nafex - Re: [NAFEX] NAFEX as collector of royalties

  • From: Ribes60@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] NAFEX as collector of royalties
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:00:28 EST

I agree that NAFEX should not be in the collection and/or management business. I do think that there should be a way to find who to send the royalties to, online. If the breeders do not want to accept small amounts, then there is no problem with the way it works right now. I do not think that breeders really worry too much about home gardeners that may graft two or three trees, or maybe even ten or twelve. It is the large scale propagators that graft humdreds or thousands of trees and under-report or fail to report at all that are of great concern.

Breeders could not expect small users to become involved with non propagation agreements and the policing thereof, but should acceptpayments that are sent to them. It is better than what they get now

Ed Mashburn
Central PA
Zone 5A