nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mountain Ash Jelly

  • From: "kieran or donna" <redherring@tnaccess.com>
  • To: "Bill Russell" <shaman@pennswoods.net>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mountain Ash Jelly
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:34:45 -0600

Bill wrote, "Rowan is the old name for Hawthorne."

Maybe in America, but not in England. They are very precise about this sort
of thing over there because they don't have all that many plants, and most
of what they do have is everywhere. They never mixed things up. Rowan is
mountain ash. It's funny now that I think of it, I heard of rowan wine when
I lived there, but I don't think I ever heard of anyone doing anything with
hawthorns. Donna