nafex - [NAFEX] Round-Up Revisted

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Round-Up Revisted
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 13:17:38 -0600

I know that the virtues and horrors of Round-Up have been covered previously, and I reread some of the posts in the archives. But...I cannot find an answer to my question.

Does Round-Up work is sprayed on grasses in the dormant state? I have a couple of huge patches of quake grass that have invaded perennial and fruit beds. I'd like to paint them now if it will work. Does any herbicide work on dormant grass? In the past, I've used 10 percent white vinegar to kill grasses with great success. But, the grass was actively growing; I'm wondering if it would work on dormant grass. I use a foam paint brush and apply the vinegar with it so that there is no drift. It works well.
Doreen Howard
Zone 4b--IL-WI border, where the sun is actually visible today!