nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Woven Ground Cover

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Woven Ground Cover
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 14:59:09 -0800 (PST)

I'll bite.

Since anything used for mulching new trees (or other plantings) has to be
renewed/
replaced eventually, I say go for it. All mulches have good points & bad
points,
just learn first what these are, & whether it fits your plans. I've ripped
out some
woven plastics which had been mulched over and had then gradually been
rewoven with
roots. (Co-workers wishing they'd brought camera to document why NOT to use
this
stuff...) But I wonder how fast it would disintegrate if it was left exposed
sunlight?