nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Salmonberry

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Salmonberry
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 00:50:46 -0800

There's a variety that's hardy to 3? I thought 5 was the limit.
R. parviflorus, thimbleberry, is a tasty relative hardy to zone 3. We have
them at our cabin, now buried under snow.

I just checked one of those use-your-zip-code-to-find-your-USDA-zone things,
and it says the summer cabin is in zone 9. It was only off by 5 zones...

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate