nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pickled Walnuts??

  • From: "Joe Boles" <jo.bo@rogers.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pickled Walnuts??
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:11:02 -0500

When I was a teenager (late 1950s), my mother use to purchase pickled walnuts from the specialty section of the supermarket. She also had a recipe for pickling them. In both cases they were actually butternuts. The nuts were quite young and the husk was still on them, about 1¼" long when pickled. I had eaten them on occasion but would not go out of my way for them.

 Joe,
 Mississauga, ON