nafex - Re: [NAFEX] jujube of the humid tropical areas..

  • From: bassem@gardener.com
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] jujube of the humid tropical areas..
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:26:07 -0800 (PST)

I have family living in trinidad in the caribean.. they have a jujube cousin
tree.. that's the indian jujube... in trinidad it's called "Doung"
the fruit is round and larger than the regular jujube... The taste is
similiar.. and it's sweeter...
I wonder if crossing the two varieties been attempted.

Bass Samaan
zone 6, Pa