nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Kaki grafting question

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Kaki grafting question
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 07:40:27 -0800

I've done this a lot of times. Just wait until the seedling is large enough to have at least two or more limbs an inch or more in diameter. Topwork one limb (I prefer bark grafting) and leave the other(s) ungrafted. When the ungrafted limbs bear, you can decide if you want to leave them or topwork them as well. I had one tree on which the ungrafted part was superior to the graft.
-Lon Rombough