nafex - [NAFEX] Kaki grafting question

  • From: mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Kaki grafting question
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:34:13 -0500

I have two kaki trees from seed.  I still hope to see if they're ever going to fruit (of course
they could both be males (or females that don't set parthenocarpic fruit)).   But I'm also,
interested in possibly grafting to these trees as well.  I've read most
of the previous posts on persimmon grafting, but I'm not sure about one thing.  Is it possible
to graft to just one branch of a persimmon and have the rest of the tree ungrafted.  If so,
what is required to do this?

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6
40° 5' N 75° 51'W