nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apple pulp

  • From: "AL PERNICHELE" <pernichele@msn.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apple pulp
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 21:35:07 -0700

Cows will eat as much apple pulp as you care to put in front of them but there may be some problem with high nitrogen in pregnant cows- so I have been  told.  I have also been told by our ag extension agent that you should feed very carefully to horses.  They have tender tummies.  Like the idea of composting the pulp.  Do  you add anything to the pulp before composting it??  Need a carbon source?
Al Pernichele
Corvallis, Montana