nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple pulp. Home of Apple Maggots???

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple pulp. Home of Apple Maggots???
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 02:46:44 -0600

Apple maggot flies can migrate into previously uninfested trees from unsprayed or abandoned apple trees somewhere in the vicinity. They are known to migrate for at least half a mile. We have no orchards within a 5 mile radius of our location, nor do we have any neighbors with apple trees within a 2 mile radius.  It's quite possible your friend picked those apple maggots up from a nearby trees.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com