nafex - [NAFEX] Apple pulp. Home of Apple Maggots???

  • From: "Rodney" <reveland@collinscom.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apple pulp. Home of Apple Maggots???
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 18:51:03 -0700

A good way to spread the apple maggot if there are some in the apples.
I wouldn't recommend it for that reason.

I tend to think that the process of sqeezing apples to produce pulp would not be a part of the apple maggots life cycle as they need to be adequately developed larva before "dropping to the ground" and becoming an over wintering pupa and then an adult in the spring. Somehow the idea of being a squashed larva doesn't fit into the picture. Can they survive the cider making process?