nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Low pH and fertilizer availability

  • From: "AL PERNICHELE" <pernichele@msn.com>
  • To: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Low pH and fertilizer availability
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:36:02 -0700

I agree that apple pulp is great for acid loving plants. I have tried this on raspberries but had the worst weed problem I have ever had - seedling apple trees. They kept sprouted everwhere for a year or so after I spread the pulp. They were mixed in with the raspberries so use of herbicide was not an option. Pulled seedlings for 2 years! How do you handle this "weed" problem??
Al Pernichele
Frost Top Orchard
Corvallis, MT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>