nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaws for PA; temp considerations

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaws for PA; temp considerations
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:01:41 -0500

Richard I did contact hidden springs and in fact this is were I ordered the mango from. They stated that mango has a mild flavor compared to others such as sunflower which has a strong pawpaw flavour. So I'm not sure what mild flavor means... Some may like it and some don't... They will be shipping a bare rooted tree that been grown in container. I've had bad luck getting bare rooted pawpaws. I've ordered before from Nolin river.. and John is a very nice guy... but the 2 trees I planted were watered well and I cared for them well and still didn't make it. he did offer replacement for half off.. But don't want to waste my time on them.

Chris if I remember you do have sunflower pawpaw... I believe that was the only variety that was bearer in you garden this summer when I visited you right?

Bass