nafex - [NAFEX] Paw Paw Best Varieties

  • From: BRosholdt <rosholdt@erols.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Paw Paw Best Varieties
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 12:10:09 -0500

Bassem,

I am in Zone 6b/7a, and most Paw Paws do well in these zones. If you are looking for "best varieties", why not try some of Peterson's Paw Paws?

http://www.petersonpawpaws.com/

Neal Peterson is known as a Paw Paw "guru". He currently has three varieties he developed right here in the mid-Atlantic and has been selling the fruit successfully at the DC farmer's market for years. I have all three and they are precocious and vigorous. The trees are young, but I have sampled one variety, Shenandoah. It is excellent eating and I understand the others are just as good (or better).

Barbara Rosholdt
3Domes Farm
Louisa, Virginia
Zones 6b/7a

  • [NAFEX] Paw Paw Best Varieties, BRosholdt, 01/02/2006