nafex - Re: [NAFEX] I need an hypothesis

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] I need an hypothesis
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 12:02:26 -0600

Jim,
Is the die back something that happens gradually, or is it all within the year? Does it start from the roots up or from the top down. Do the leaves turn colors (red, purple, yellow..) or do they just turn brown? Do the leaves fall off or do they just die and stay attached? Do the tips of the branches curl down like a shepherd's staff when they begin to die? Is the die back in all of the trees of a like variety or just a few?

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@uslink.net>