nafex - Re: [NAFEX] soil testing

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] soil testing
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 09:13:32 -0500

Hi Jim,

When dealing with 1-1/2 acre how many soil tests do you do?

On a more modern, commercial farm many soil samples would be taken in a grid format, the soil test results fed into an onboard tractor computer, and a GPS system would guide the tractor through the tested area, blending fertilizer specific for each grid point, as per the soil test results.

What is optimal soil testing for the rest of us?

Later,
Tom