nafex - [NAFEX] Pumpkins and Apples

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pumpkins and Apples
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 08:05:45 -0600

Mike,
Since I earn my livelihood off only 1-1/2 acre, I double-crop everything
and have yet to observe any detrimental effects. One word of caution
though: before double-cropping, be sure your soil fertility level is always
up to 'snuff.' I have a soil analysis done every year.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm

I'm looking at all that wasted space underneath my newly planted apple
orchard (all of six trees) and was thinking of planting some pumpkins
underneath to keep the weeds down. Has anyone tried this? If so, how did
the apples like it?
Mike