nafex - [NAFEX] Seascape strawberry

  • From: Sam & Helen Finazzo <finazzo@chibardun.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Seascape strawberry
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:30:41 -0600

Two years ago I planted some Seascape strawberries--a day-neutral variety.
That summer they produced a great crop of huge, flavorful berries until late
summer. I mulched them with straw in early winter and the plants made it
through without trouble. I dug 50 plants and replanted a new bed and tilled
up the old. The new bed produced almost no berries. The few that were there
were small and oddly shaped. Is this common for this variety or day neutrals
in general? I had never worked with anything except the June bearing
varieties.

Sam Finazzo
Zone 3 WI

  • [NAFEX] Seascape strawberry, Sam & Helen Finazzo, 12/18/2005