nafex - Re: [NAFEX] mulching

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] mulching
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:01:00 -0600

Tom,

It is quite practical, especially when you have hundreds of oak trees surrounding your plantings as we do around our raspberries. We have 3 sites for our berries, all 3 being surrounded by oaks. We let the leaves collect around the plants and they provide a natural mulch. Works great and the best part is that it costs us nothing!!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>