nafex - [NAFEX] Nursery sources

  • From: Richard Moyer <ramoyer@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Nursery sources
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:12:22 -0500

Thomas,
PT Barnum shared wise words on consumer gullibility.
GardenWatchdog.com is a good place to check out previously mentioned nurseries.  If a nursery is not listed there any more, you can ask gardenwatchdog why.

Also, a google search on a nursery name will reveal recent comments by folks who've ordered from that nursery, even if they've been delisted from Garden Watchdog.

When I asked a local nurseryman (not one listed on previous posts) why they were selling woody plants that die in our normal winter lows, the honest response was that enough of their customers are used to woody plants dying, that it's the business model that works for all involved.  Not a company I recommend.

Richard
Zone 6, Tenn