nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Best Dwarfing Rootstock for Pears?

  • From: lee reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Best Dwarfing Rootstock for Pears?
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 09:58:45 -0500

That Pyrodwarf rootstock looks good. I wish I had known about them -- I grafted a bunch of pears last spring using a seedling rootstock and an interstem of OH X F 513. I was told that that the dwarf interstem on pear would not necessarily dwarf the tree. Where can Pyrodwarf rootstocks be purchased?

Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden
A Northeast Gardener's Year