nafex - [NAFEX] pH and Citrus

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] pH and Citrus
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 06:37:34 -0600

I rely on my cheap pH meter and frequently calibrate it to a laboratory
model that we use for our jelly/jam/syrup processing. The cheap model
always reads within a .1 or .2 as compared to the calibration, good enough
for garden/orchard work. Ginda, yours was broken. If I'd have had yours,
I'd throw it away too.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm

I had one of those cheap pH meters, too. I scrubbed it with steel wool
and stuck it in my soil. It read 7.0. I scrubbed it some more and wet
down the soil more. It read 7.0. I brought it inside and filled a
glass with one part vinegar and four parts water. It read 7.0. So I
threw it away.

Ginda