nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pyrus Betulaefolia

  • From: "O'Barr, R. D." <topgun@otelco.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pyrus Betulaefolia
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:52:31 -0500

I have about 75 Naval Orange sized quince this year. However, they do not have the apple aroma everone talks about. I boiled one today to see if it made any difference. It didn't. Has anyone had this same experience?
I found a lot of recipes on the net for quince jelly and would like to try some, but can't yet find the flavor I'm looking for.

R. D. O'Barr
Zone 7