nafex - Re: [NAFEX] gala apple

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] gala apple
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 07:14:21 -0500

My Gala tree (Scarlet Gala) had wonderful sweet crisp apples, and I assume
that the branches and leaves were equally sweet, as the neighbor's cattle
came over and tore the tree to pieces, eating everything that they could get
in their mouths, and destroying the tree. They ignored all the other trees
in my orchard--they had to walk past many of them to get to the Gala tree.
I just planted another one.

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI