nafex - [NAFEX] Peach - probably a seedling

  • From: Ribes60@aol.com
  • To: Nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Peach - probably a seedling
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 09:41:52 EDT

Many years ago when I lived in S.C. we had a peach tree growing that produced small (about 2 in) white fleshed peaches. We used most of them for spiced or pickled peaches and they were the best of all available. I am pretty sure that this tree was a "volunteer" and not available anywhere. My memories of it require that I should search for something similar if it can be found. It would not have to be a white flesh, but small fruit to be used whole is high on the desired qualities.

I would appreciate anyone that might know of something to fit this type.

Ed Mashburn
Central PA
Zone 5A